As part of the nationwide Family Learning Festival 2015, Aspire Sussex Ltd Family Learning would like to offer families an exciting opportunity to take part in some free, fun family learning activities at the Imagination Station!
Come along to find out more about Family Learning and how it could help you to support your children’s learning. The drop-in sessions will include fun reading, number, science, art and food-based activities, all of which can be easily and cheaply replicated at home. You will receive a Family Learning information sheet and details of activities you can do at home with your child.
Aspire Sussex Ltd works in partnership with Children and Family Centres, Nursery Schools, Primary Schools and Secondary Schools to deliver a range of courses where parents/carers and children are involved in learning. Some courses involve adults and children learning together and some courses are for adults only. Family Learning is a perfect way into learning and offers:
- The opportunity for families to learn together, discover new skills and encourage them to pursue further learning in a supportive and friendly environment.
- Support for parents/carers to become more involved in their child’s education and to raise awareness of the vital role that they play in raising attainment levels.
- Opportunities for adults to progress to further learning and to gain qualifications.
If you are a parent or an adult who plays a significant role in caring for a child, or are interested in finding out more about Family Learning and work in a Children and Family Centre, Nursery or School, come along and have some fun.
- Where? Main Hall, Durrington Community Centre, 2 Romany Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 3FJ, (near Tesco).
- When? Thursday, 22nd October 2015
- 12.15-1.45pm – aimed at families with pre-school children
- 3.15-4.45pm – aimed at families with school-age children
Please just turn up on the day, or give us a call on 01273 840705.