00:00 - 00:00
2.75 hours x 68 sessions
Up to 100% concession available, please call call us on 0345 6010161 for more information.
What is the course about?
This is a fully funded course for students who are on a means tested benefit or earn under £18,525 per year.
We will process your enrolment and contact you if we need to see evidence of your benefits or pay. This is for funding purposes. Following this, your course will be set up and your Assessor will contact you to advise on how to access your course.
The objectives of this qualification are to gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including:
• how to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism
• the current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time
• how to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism
• the range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
• how to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism
• how to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements.
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
Level 2 Understanding Autism.
What do I need to bring with me?
The course is completed on your computer or device, in your own time.
Are there any additional costs?
What can I do next?
By completing the qualification, learners will develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of autism, which could support progression onto appropriate qualifications, and into relevant employment, in the health and social care sector.
Course LocationDistance Learning