Marle Place, Burgess Hill
11:30 - 13:00
1.5 hours x 8 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over or on a means tested benefit (evidence required)
What is the course about?
In the instance of a Government imposed lockdown if this course cannot be moved to online it will be paused until it is able to begin again. No refunds will be made due to a Government imposed lockdown.
This is a Health and Wellbeing course.
Once you have decided that you would like to strengthen your health through movement and breath you can step onto your yoga mat with this determination.
During the eight weeks of the course you will
• practice a range of accessible postures from the yoga tradition to bring a sense of ease and spaciousness to the body
• develop an awareness of your body and your breath as you move
• learn to lengthen your exhalation to create ease in your body and mind
• learn some fundamental principles that guide and support yoga practice
• be encouraged and guided towards a short, independent yoga practice at home
• be encouraged to record your own experience and insight from the practice
At the end of the course you will discuss with your tutor as to which follow-up course will best serve your next aims and intentions.
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
Yoga Step 1 course or previous Yoga experience.
What do I need to bring with me?
For this course you are invited to bring an interest in learning more about the physical practice of yoga and a few underlying principles that guide this practice.
You will need to bring a non-slip mat for the yoga practice, perhaps a block as a support for any seated practices and a blanket to keep you warm during relaxation. You will be asked to reflect on your practices, so a pen would be most useful too.
You may also want to bring a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Are there any additional costs?
What can I do next?
From here you can move on to the Yoga Step 3: Deepening Practice and Understanding course.
If you would like more information about enrolling on a course with us, please speak to your tutor or by phone us on 0345 601 01 61. You can also visit us on www.aspiresussex.org.uk.
Course LocationMarle Place