Marle Place, Burgess Hill
09:30 - 11:00
1.5 hours x 10 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over or on a means tested benefit (evidence required)
What is the course about?
In the instance of a Government imposed lockdown if this course cannot be moved to online it will be paused until it is able to begin again. No refunds will be made due to a Government imposed lockdown.
This is a Health and Wellbeing course.
This Yoga Step 2 course offers an opportunity
• to develop an awareness of common causes for back pain
• to understand your own postural habits and repetitive movements that may contribute to your own individual difficulties
• differentiate between the recovery, maintenance and strengthening phase of dealing with back pain
• work with yoga postures and breathing practices appropriate for the three phases of back support
• develop an understanding and practical experience of how the breath can support managing back pain
• learn some fundamental principles that guide and support yoga practice
• be encouraged and guided towards a short, independent yoga practice at home
• be encouraged to record your own experience and insight from the practice.
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
Yoga Step 1 course.
What do I need to bring with me?
For this course you are invited to bring an interest in learning more about common causes for back pain and how you can use the physical practice of yoga and a few underlying principles that guide this practice to manage the symptoms and potentially avoid them in the future.
You will need to bring a non-slip mat for the yoga practice, perhaps a block as a support for any seated practices and a blanket to keep you warm during relaxation. You will be asked to reflect on your practices, so a pen would be most useful too.
You may also want to bring a bottle of water to keep yourself hydrated.
Are there any additional costs?
What can I do next?
From here you can move on to any other Yoga Step 2 course that you are interested in or feels appropriate for you to continue with. Alternatively you can also choose to move on to a Nutrition course, a Counselling course or any other Recreational course within Aspire.
If you feel that the condition of your back allows and you would like the challenge of continuing with a slightly more demanding yoga practice you can also move on to the Yoga Step 3: Deepening Practice and Understanding course.
If you would like more information about enrolling on a course with us, please speak to your tutor or by phone us on 0345 601 01 61. You can also visit us on www.aspiresussex.org.uk.
Course LocationMarle Place