13:00 - 15:00
2 hours x 5 sessions
In the instance of a Government imposed lockdown if this course cannot be moved to online it will be paused until it is able to begin again. No refunds will be made due to a Government imposed lockdown.
This is a Learning for Personal Interest course.
A 5 week course that looks at different and creative ways of engaging with photography. A terrific opportunity for all types of camera owner to get off auto and getting creative!
• Learn some fun techniques to improve picture making.
• Learn how “photographer’s see” by looking at some great practitioners and examples.
• Learn techniques such as depth of field, and black and white photography to lift the most mundane subjects to make extraordinary photographs.
• Learn how to improve composition to make more dynamic images.
• Undertake weekly assignments to challenge creativity and develop camera skills.
Each session will cover a specific technique with tutor presentations and discussions. Students will be emailed class notes/hand-outs before each session to ensure they can prepare. There will be a practical activity in each session where students are expected to practise the lessons techniques.
Students will be expected to spend some time between classes developing their skills and home assignments will be set. We will also be using Padlet, a great secure online picture resource where students can share their images with the class and join in with peer to peer support and tutor feedback.