Online Course, Aspire Cloud
10:30 - 12:30
2 hours x 5 sessions
What is the course about?
This 5 week Art of Mindful Drawing for Beginners is being offered FREE*. In the course you will: set an intention for mindfulness and gain a deeper connection to yourself and your drawing skills; learn to draw in various mediums and embrace relaxation and sketching techniques; learn to free up your hands and draw spontaneously and release tension in the process by creating Freehand Mandalas, Zentangle Untangles, Painted Positivity Prints, Gratitude Line Drawings, Transient Sand Art. You will be inspired to draw and be confident to bring these techniques into your daily life.
*This course is FREE for those on means tested benefits and low wage learners (those who earn under £17,004 per annum). Please visit our Community Learning Courses page for more information on concessions and funding opportunities.
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
No previous knowledge or experience required, suitable for all abilities.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please have the following materials ready to use during your online class:
• Week 1- Freehand Mandalas: Various Coloured Paper (preferably square don’t buy it especially- cut or fold to square!), fineliner pens in various colours
• Week 2- Zentangle Untangles: A4 White Paper, Fineliner and Broad pens in various colours. Colouring pencils
• Week 3- Painted Positivity Prints: Thick White paper A4 or A3 poster or acrylic paint, water jug and a few paint pots, brushes, an old comb, a potato/carrot/apple or similar, a blunt pencil or kebab stick, clingfilm/thin plastic bag corrugated card or anything else to make marks/ textures
• Week 4- Gratitude Line Drawings: A4 white paper broad tipped black pen, colouring pencils or pens
• Week 5- Transient Sand Art A4 white paper, pens. Shallow trays or plates or bowls, sand, salt or preferably bath/epsom salts
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs.
What can I do next?
You might also like to progress to other Aspire Sussex courses developed to improve your skills for everyday life, employment, health and wellbeing or to explore a personal interest, see below.
Learning for Life: Develop your skills to support greater independence, including digital skills and skills to support family learning. Courses available include; Money Management, Computers for Beginners, Personal Development, Microsoft packages and Volunteering Skills.
Learning for Work: Develop your skills for the workplace, including to improve the chance of getting a job or to progress at work. Courses available include; Level 1 and 2 Functional Skills English and Maths, Digital Skills qualifications, Back to Work and GCSE English and Maths.
Learning for Health & Wellbeing: Develop your skills to support personal wellbeing including confidence and independence through healthy body and mind and improved nutrition. Courses available include; Yoga, Mindfulness and Cooking/Nutrition.
Learning for Personal Interest: Develop skills to support your quality of life, gain cultural enrichment, creative stimulation and personal fulfilment. Courses available include; Textiles, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Drawing and Painting, Pottery, Photography, History, Archaeology.
Detailed information on or all these courses and many more can be found online or in our brochure. If you have any questions please ask your tutor or contact aspire on 0345 601 01 61 or visit our website at www.aspiresussex.org.uk
Course LocationOnline Course