Aspire Sussex‘s hairdressing, health and beauty students have been recognised for their achievements at an awards event in Burgess Hill.
The annual event was organised by Aspire Sussex to celebrate the achievements of the Health and Beauty department at Marle Place Adult Education Centre in Burgess Hill.
More than 35 students attended the event and local salon and business owners were also invited, providing a fantastic networking opportunity with tutors and students to give practical advice and feedback.
Aspire Sussex‘s Head of Operations, Judith McManus said: “Our students work extremely hard on these courses and this event is a brilliant opportunity to congratulate them on their achievements over the year.”
“We are very proud of the number of students who go on to get jobs within salons and spas or set up their own business. The quality of teaching is highly regarded by local employers and as usual our team are looking forward to welcoming new students on courses starting in September.”
The winners were:
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, Student of the Year – Nikki Hughes
- Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, Achiever of the Year – Amanda Tanner-Hammond
- Level 2 Diploma Hairdressing in Hairdressing, Special Achievement Award – Tammy McDermid
- Level 3 Certificate in Swedish Massage, Student of the Year – Billy Chan
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Student of the Year – Lisette Richards
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Achiever of the Year – Ursula Yost
- Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Achiever of the Year – Hayley Jones
There are still some places left on Hair, Beauty and Complementary Therapy qualification courses. To find out more about courses in Burgess Hill please contact 01444 810710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.