Creative Heart CIC, Littlehampton
09:30 - 11:30
2 hours x 5 sessions
Concessions available if you are: 65 or over or on a means tested benefit (evidence required)
What is the course about?
The tutor assumes you have no prior knowledge of watercolours, so will take you through everything you need to know to get started;
• What equipment you need and how to use it.
• Mixing the correct paint consistency and basic colour mixing.
• Watercolour washes.
• Painting a still life of fruit.
• Painting a simple country landscape.
• Watercolour effects.
What previous experience, knowledge or qualifications do I need for this course?
No previous knowledge. This course is suitable for the complete beginner or those wishing to make a return to watercolours after a long absence.
What do I need to bring with me?
• Round bush approximately size 6 and size 10-12 (suitable for watercolours – soft bristles)
• Flat brush approximately size 10 (suitable for watercolours – soft bristles)
• Watercolour paper (280-300 gsm)
• Watercolour paints (tubes or pans) at least 1 red, 1 blue and 1 yellow.
• Pencil for sketching
• Water pots and palette
You may wish to purchase other items with the support of the tutor.
Are there any additional costs?
See above. There are no additional costs for this course.
What can I do next?
If you would like more information about progression courses or enrolling onto another course, please speak to your tutor or a member of staff by calling 0345 601 01 61 or email [email protected]
Course LocationCreative Heart CIC
42 Beach Road